Question
Posted by: Nicolette H | 2007/03/05

Pill period delay?

I took Triphasil to delay my period by a weekend because we were going away. I started taking the pill on the Wednesday and took the last one on the Sunday of the same week. If my calcluations about the dates are correct I should have begun my period on the Monday morning or Tuesday the latest, but nothing has happened yet. My peiod is more than 1 week late. Can Triphasil have this side effect?

You are not meant to take Triphasil in this way. If you are taking it regularly, you just skip the placebos, but what you have done is likely to disrupt your cycle.