Question
Posted by: Lost it | 2004/03/05

Pill making me lose sex drive

I have completey lost my very high sex drive since going onto the pill. I opted for the lower dose variety since the higher dose types made me very moody when I was on them a few years ago. After a long break and a new marriage I have now tried both Minesse and Yasmin, and both have virtually taken away my sex drive. The only times I really feel like having sex is while on the placebo pills (before, during and after my period).

What alternative contraception can I use which does not involve hormones or condoms?

You could try and IUCD.