Question
Posted by: Cazo | 2004/10/12

Pill & low sex drive

Hi all,

Iam 20 years old and i have been on the pill since i was 13 years old, I am now worried it is causing problems. I have a very low sex drive and I get moody and tired everyday. Iam so worried i wont have children cause i have been on the pill for nearly 8 years. Please can someone help me. Iam only 20 and it feels like iam going through menopause!!!
Thnx

Nothing to worry about. The pill is safe and return to fertility is swift. If you not feeling good on this pill any longer then try a lower dose one-consult a family planning clinic/gynae

2
Posted by: Cazo | 2004/10/12

Thnx for your help Cutie, Iam so worried of coming off the pill i really want too but im scared of falling pregnant. I have been with the same boyfriend for 4 years so thats not the case of being alone its financial worries. I want to stop but iam also scared cause i went through pubity on the pill so my hormones and periods are going to go mad!. If you are on the pill for a long time can it also cause a problem with falling pregnant or does it always make you fall pregnant after stoping?
Thnx

Reply to Cazo
Posted by: Cutie | 2004/10/12

HI there,

I was on the pill for 7 years and fell pregnant in 2 weeks after coming off it. You are still young so age is on your side. Low sex drive, moodiness and tiredness are definitely all side effects of the pill, so maybe you need to change to another make but you will have to consult with you doctor with regards to that.

Cutie :)

Reply to Cutie