Posted by: JD | 2008/07/14

pill & headache

Hi doc,
ever since i've been on da pill (Femodene) i suffer with a terrible headace going into my eyes. What is causing it, this happens only since i started with da contraceptive.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear JD,

It is quite common for severe headaches to be brought on by the pill, although no-one is sure why.

The best advice is to find some other form of contraception that doesn’t involve using hormones.

Posted by: LJ | 2008/08/18

Stop the pill asap. There are other ways more friendly to your health. I used Femode, Triodene, Jasmine, Nordette, Ovril, Triphisal to name a few and none were worth it. Each were great the first two months and then the side effects will hit me. I still have trouble with my cycle - It never went back to the normal 28 days.

Reply to LJ