Question
Posted by: aral | 2004/01/20

pill antibiotic

me again, i was wondering should i take morning after pill to be on safe side. will anti biotic (for bladder infection) have effect on it.
i had sex on sunday night so i still have time to get before the 72 hours. what do u suggest i still have time for period to come (could come in next 3-4 days) but i am scared if it doesnt come then to late for morning after pill and would have to get abortion which is very expensive?
if i had the sex on sunday night when is the latest i can wait for morning after pill to see if period does come.

before i started taking pill my periods would be very very irregular i once skipped 3 months worth and i would skip everyother month. (another reason why i started on the pill to make it more regular and my boyfriend and i did not like condoms)
is injection better> what effect does antibiotics have on that or any other effects.
im just getting slighty nervous ...

Please tell me exactly when you finished the antibiotics. If it was more than 2 weeks ago, then you should be past the danger period now. You would either be pregnant now or not at risk. The usual suggestion is to use condoms to cover you during the at-risk period. If it is less than 2 weeks since you finished the antibiotics, then you can take the morning after pill until tonight. This will not necessarily bring on your period.
Antibiotics do not interfere with the efficacy of the injection, but there are pros and cons to both. You can read more about this under Contraception on this site.