Question

Pill and rythem

Good day,

My fiance is using the pill. We don't want a baby soon and I am using a condom as well. How safe would it be to have sex with the rythem method and not a condom, she stays on the pill.

She was raped at age 15 and had an abortion. Would we have problems falling pregnant?

Dear Anon
If you are using the rhythm method in addition to your fiancé using the oral contraceptive pill then it is reasonably safe as a contraceptive method. As she was raped at the age of 15 and had an abortion you would need to find out whether the abortion or rape caused any damage to the genital tract. I would not worry about it right now and only when you are ready to fall pregnant and have not succeeded then you can investigate if there has been any damage done.