Question
Posted by: Tess | 2005/07/07

pill and antibiotics

hi all / gynaedoc,

just a quick one, i had unprotected sex, i am on the pill, but the week before the sex i had been on antiboitics, they finished on the friday and the following Thursday I had intercourse, it was the week before my period, I came on, it was a bit weird the first two days then was normal again, would a week be long enough to tell if you were pregnant while on the pill (I am told your body will register within 48 hours about pregnancy) and secondly how long after antibiotics can the pill be affected???

You should take extra precautions for two weeks after antibiotics but, if you had a period, it looks like you got away with it.