Question
Posted by: some girl | 2008/02/04

pill advice

Hope you can help me…

I’m 24 years old and have been on the pill for nearly 2 years now.

The problem I am having is a get blinding migranes, terrible cramps, (worse than when I wasn’t on the pill), my period is still as heavy as before and I’m really really depressed.

I am on triphasil and get it from my local clinic, I cannot afford the visit to the gynae to get the script to buy the pill from the pharmacy, and cannot afford said pharmacy pill, so I have to rely on the government.

I spoke to the clinic sister about my dilemma and she was very unhelpful, I need help and don’t know where to get it….

About the migrane – she said get your eyes tested
The cramps – she said that she shouldn’t be telling me this but the best way to get rid of cramps is to actually have a baby and told me to take pain killers
The heavy period – she said it happens and I have to deal with it
And about being depressed, she said I’m imagining it – um hello, I burst into tears for no reason and its only the 2 weeks before I’m due my period.

Please can you recommend another clinic pill that I can try and get my hands on because I don’t really want to go the injection route.

Thanks doc!!!

The other pill available at clinics is Nordette. However, I suggest that you find the time to see a doctor as, if these are true migraines, you should not use the Pill.

4
Posted by: Ros | 2008/02/05

Try googling Nordette, I used Nordette and couldnt be happier, I tried Triphasil but it gave me acne and made me pick up weight.

Nordette is a slightly weaker pill, but still does the job. lol

Reply to Ros
Posted by: some girl | 2008/02/05

thanks guys - anyone know where i can find info on nordette?

Reply to some girl
Posted by: Val | 2008/02/04

Hi there Some Girl

I also use Nordette and its such a healthy pill. I also used to be like you. I hated taking my pills but ever since my friend suggested Nordette I never been or felt better.
Nordette is R20 a pack which you can get at a pharmacy.I get mine from my local family planning clinic for free and they give me a 3months supply.Please dont use the injection. I know many people that trusted the injection and they ended up pregnant or they ended blowing up.That lady that you spoke to has absolutely no idea what she is talking about.Dont worry girlfriend you are going to be just fine. Try Nordette. I swear by it.

Goodluck
Val

Reply to Val
Posted by: Moo | 2008/02/04

Hi Some Girl

I use to be on Nordette which I hear you can get from the clinic, I never had any problems on it. However each women is different.. I gather you are not on medical aid?
Good luck, I hope things get better.

Moo

Reply to Moo