Question
Posted by: miss B | 2007/08/13

Pill

Hi Doc I was going through the the questions and answers on this site and I came across a question where someone asked when to start taking the pill and you said on the first day of her period .I'm new on the pill and I started taking it three days after my period .can this be a problem ?can it affect the effectiveness ??

It will not affect the effectiveness of the Pill, but you may have more initial side effects and it will change the timing of your next period. If you started with the placebo pills during your period, there would not be much difference.

1
Posted by: Cee | 2007/08/13

I also started taking my pill for the 1st time on the 3rd day of my period. That was 4 years ago and Im fine. I dont think it's a problem.

Reply to Cee