Question
Posted by: sideways | 2007/06/18

PILL

HI Doc

My problem is this: My girlfriend is on the pill for contraceptive reasons and she can't handle it. We went to a doc who then suggested she use the patch, which she is now on, and although she feels less ill and is definitely a little less moddy, she is moddy nonetheless. She seems to be very impatient, aloof, has no libido and is always very irritable. She simply doesn't want sex, is no longer affectionate, is irritable, is moody is rather aggressive and seemingly doesn't care. We haev spoken about it, she admits to the change but we don't know what to do. Any ideas?

dear Sideways
Some women just do not do well on the pill. A good option for her may be to insert the Mirena or an IUD - these devices are put into the uterus and does not interfere with the normal hormonal levels. It may be worth her while to discuss this with a gyne.