Question
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/20

PIll

Hi.

I went of the pill, because it's a bit too expensive for us at this moment. How exactly does a cycle work? I hear that people say on the 14th day you should be careful, but I've got no idea what they are talking about. Before on the pill, I wasn't always regular, sometimes 4 days out, so I don't have a clue how it works. Is there anybody that might be able to help me?

Thanks a lot!

Work out from the first day of your last period to the first day of your next period how long this is. This is the cycle. On average, this is about 28 days, but could be anything from 21 - 35 days. When you know the average length of your cycle, you can work out when ovulation occurs. This is usually 14 days before your next period is due. So for a 28 day cycle - Day 14. For a 30 day cycle, Day 16.

1
Posted by: Daleen | 2004/01/20

Hi Ciska

Here is a short intro:

Day 1 - 6 period.
Day 12-16 ovulation
Day 28 next period. Day 1 and Day 28 are the same days.

Start of period with red blood is counted as Day 1.

Ovulation occurs 14 days before your next period starts.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Daleen