Question
Posted by: Cim Smith | 2004/10/09

Piles/ candida

Hi Doc -
I had a small pile which my GP gave me suppositories for 10 days - had major itchiness which did not clear - she then gave me an antibiotic for yeast infection - and took swab and sent to lab - the first antibiotic did not clear the infection. Lab results said I had a small bug caused by scratching in the anus. I was then put onto a second antibiotic and have completed the coasre - but am still not clear. Very itchy anus and vagina entrance. White runny liquid too - not cottage cheesey. Have been trying to fall pregnant for 2 years and am currently on clomid but unable to have much sex!
Your help would be MOST appreciated.
Cim

Cim, it sounds like you have a chlamydial infection and the best would b to see your gynaecologist and have it sorted out (you probably to the correct antibiotic, but not for long enough). Good luck.