Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2004/11/17

PIles and Diet

My mother has had piles for a long time now and has been going to a doctor for treatment. It has become very sore and bleeding does not want to stop. He says that she should have an op and has referred her to a specialist. There are lesions that could be the main cause of the bleeding. Could u recommend a diet in the mean time to lessen this. ie what foods to avoid etc

thanks

Worried, there is no specific diet she should follow, but she has to make sure she doesn’t become constipated. The best would be to drink lots of fluids and to eat only soft foods. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Trudy | 2004/11/17

She should drink a lot of CUPPA SOUP and other (hot) fluids and eat fruit. She should also eat brown rice, an squash (but NOT the seeds). Prune juice may help, although it may also worsen the problem if it upsets her stomach. I find that drinking a few cups of strong black coffee in the mornings, is very effective. Taking brisk daily walks is also great for getting the bowels moving.

Reply to Trudy