Posted by: vista | 2008/08/25


Hi. Sorry for all the questions:
1) I have piles now about 14 years and it is the first time I have bleeding ones.
2) Should I be worried
3) What can I do
4) Could I have the piles removed
5) Do I have to go to hospital and for how long or could I have them removed in the consulting rooms
6) Do I go to a GP or a specialist (and which one)
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Vista
You don't need to remove piles just because they bleed. You can treat conservatively with Anusol or Scheriproct and by taking a stool softner like Lactulose. If the bleeding persists or the pile cause a painful clot, you may have to go for a small operation - your GP can have a look and if needed, refer you to a surgeon. You will have to go to hospital for this for a day or two.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.