Question
Posted by: CC | 2004/12/08

Piles

Kindly advise me on the kind of food I should eat to ensure that the excretion remains soft. Please do not only mention high fibre foods but actually the name of the food types. I have internal piles and being constipated does not help. My GP indicated that a dietician should be able to assist with a relevant diet to assist with the problem. I am using Anusol at the moment.

Dear CC
The following foods are rich in dietary fibre: fruit, esp dried fruit, vegetables, unsifted and high-bran cereals, wholewheat bread, brown rice, all legumes (dry beans, peas, lentils, and soya), nuts and seeds. A good way to ensure regularity is to soak dried fruit (such as prunes and apricots) in boiling water and allow to soak overnight, boil the fruit in the soaking water, add 1-2 T of brown sugar or honey (sugar has a mild laxative effect) and then eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the boiled fruit plus the liquid with your All-bran cereal at breakfast. Also take 1 T of olive oil a day - e.g. use as a salad dressing. Exercise also helps to regulate bowel movements so you could start going for brisk walks every day. You should also drink 3-4 cups of water (not more!) a day to assist the fibre in foods to swell up and promote peristalsis.

1
Posted by: ven | 2004/12/13

I took mine out 3 months ago, the best ever i feel good & drink
a natural tablet prosit to keep me regular, sore but all the pain is gone:
Think about it

Reply to ven