Posted by: Pileman | 2004/10/20


Hi, I am a 35 year old male and have piles, what can I do? Is there a cure or do I have to get them surgically removed. It started yesterday and the size were plus minus 2cm but this morning its only 1cm.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Pileman, you can try something like Preparation H or Anusol suppositories – they’re available over the counter without a prescription. If that doesn’t work, you can ask your doctor for a prescription for Scheriproct® suppositories and if that doesn’t work, the best would be to have them surgically removed. This is of course only if you’re 100% sure that your symptoms are due to haemorrhoids because the same symptoms may be caused by other conditions like abscesses, polyps, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pilelady | 2004/10/20

HI Pile man, I suffer from the same horrible situation, Ihave been also trying to get more info about it, it has gotten to a point where I'm even considering surgically removing them cause the pain becomes very unbearable after every bowel movement , hopefully we will both get the king of information we require.

Good luck and I hope you get better soon.

Reply to Pilelady

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.