Question
Posted by: Pileman | 2004/10/20

Piles

Hi, I am a 35 year old male and have piles, what can I do? Is there a cure or do I have to get them surgically removed. It started yesterday and the size were plus minus 2cm but this morning its only 1cm.

Pileman, you can try something like Preparation H or Anusol suppositories – they’re available over the counter without a prescription. If that doesn’t work, you can ask your doctor for a prescription for Scheriproct® suppositories and if that doesn’t work, the best would be to have them surgically removed. This is of course only if you’re 100% sure that your symptoms are due to haemorrhoids because the same symptoms may be caused by other conditions like abscesses, polyps, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Pilelady | 2004/10/20

HI Pile man, I suffer from the same horrible situation, Ihave been also trying to get more info about it, it has gotten to a point where I'm even considering surgically removing them cause the pain becomes very unbearable after every bowel movement , hopefully we will both get the king of information we require.

Good luck and I hope you get better soon.

Reply to Pilelady