Question
Posted by: Bunny | 2004/09/27

Piles?

I was constipated in the beginning of my pregnancy and once
felt like I was tearing in my anus. It was bleeding and we thought it was piles. My baby is now 5mths old and it still hasn't healed.
I've been on 2 courses for treatment of piles, but it doesn't work.
This makes me believe that it is not piles. If it is a tear, what should I use. It is very painfull only when I am defecating and not other times.

Bunny, it sounds like you might have an anal tear. The best would be to see your doctor and have him check it for you. In the meantime you can take something like Duphalac® to keep your stool soft. Good luck.