Question
Posted by: dis | 2004/10/08

Pilates vs artrhitis

Please advise if Pilates will help my my lower back pain which
I'm certain is caused by artrhitis as it hurts more when the weather is damp and I'm quite stiff in the mornings when i wake up.

Thank-you

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Dis,

I would recommend that you speak to your Doctor who would be able to refer you to an Orthopaedic Specialist or a Physician. If the pain is muscular, Pilates will definitely help to relieve the pain and to strengthen the muscles. The first step, however, is to ascertain what is causing the pain / discomfort, instead of doing a self-diagnosis.

Thank you and good luck.