Question
Posted by: Cooper | 2005/06/09

PILATES IN EARLY PREGNANCY

Hello

I recently found out I am 4 weeks pregnany after our 1st attempt at IVF/ICSI. Is it safe for me to start Pilates classes now, having never done it before? There is also a possibility that I might be carrying twins.

Thanks so much

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Cooper

Congratulations! Yes Pilates can be beneficial in many ways for you over the next few months and beyond. You do however need to see a Pilates Practitioner that has been properly trained to work with pregnant clients. Call Leigh-Anne Hoard at Equilibrium Pilates - she is the antenatal specialist - 021 439 9850. She will either be able to help you or refer to somebody appropriate. Thanks