Question
Posted by: fedup | 2006/07/31

Pigmentation

Hi I am a 20 year old male I have asian skin I have abit of acne but when I was younger I had allergy in my eyes which made me scratch the area around my eyes and the sides of my face its left a pigmentation along with a few acne scars how can I sort this out ?It really annoys me my dermatologist says I have to live with it and that my skin is brown therefore I cannot go for laser please help.

Expert ImageArchive

I agree with your dermatologist. Procedures to remove pigment such as laser, peels and tretinoin always have the risk of aggravating the pigmentation. A good sunscreen may be of value. One can consider cosmetic camouflage. Also consider getting a second opinion from another dermatologist.