Question
Posted by: tan | 2004/01/15

pigmentation

No facility to question skindoc so I'm asking you: why have I age 52 female, developed an exceptionally dark suntan on my upper forearms, lower shins, upper mid chest and face? These patches are significantly darker than the rest of my tan. All over I have used SPF30 sunblock and have not tanned excessively.The patch on my face goes down my neck on either side but not in the middle. I have never tanned excessively, never hidden from the sun, always used suncreen.

Tan, it might be due to hormones you’re taking or disorders like adrenal gland problems and haemochromatosis. The best would be to see your doctor or a specialist physician. Good luck.