Question
Posted by: Annelie | 2004/12/14

Pigeon Chest

I would like to hear more from the operation PIGEON CHEST done on kids from 10 years and older. The medical name is EXCAVATUM-CARINATUM. How long is the operation? How long must the boy stay in hospital? Is the operation successful?

Annelie, pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum (pigeon chest) are opposites. The operation and stay in hospital depends on the severity of the problem (sometimes an operation isn’t even necessary). The best would be to see a thoracic surgeon and ask him these questions after he has examined your child. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/09

I have pectus carinatum, it has affected me since I was six years old. I've never gone a single day when it hasn't caused me some concern, anxiety, hate, confusion and hatrid of myself. I'm 46 and it still bothers me, every single day. I often wish how I had a normal chest, like everyone else. It's never going to happen :(