Question
Posted by: songs stuck in head | 2007/05/16

pieces of stupid songs stuck in my head

please help! I have pieces of stupid songs stuck in my head, replaying over and over and over. I can't get them to stop. Right now it's Whitney Houston and I can't stand it. HELP, what can I do to stop it. I wake up during the night with it, it lasts all day long.

Atually, this is rather a common and very annoying experience. Probably, listening ( really listening ) to lots of other music would help to dislodge the darn tune. I do sympathize --- especially as its Whitney Houston !

3

Ha ha... remember the song "Build me up Buttercup"..? at school all of us had this song stuck in our heads... one guy had to just start it or say the word "buttercup" and there we all go again... it was weird! And of course he would do it daily!

Not sure how you stop it ...

Posted by: Girl | 2007/05/16

Hey, I know how you feel as well. It sometimes helps if you actually listen to the song. Or listen to another song to distract you from the one in your head.

Good luck!

Reply to Girl
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/16

Know the feeling. My sister's kid sang this stupid afrikaans song on Sunday and I still can't get it out of my head!

Reply to Echelle