Question
Posted by: love78 | 2008/07/20

PID from an IUD

I am 23 and currently being treated for pelvic inflammatory disease with antibiotics(doxycycline hyclate, and metronidazole) which was not caused by an STD, but most likely from my IUD.(I get infections easily anyhow, I have a recent history of cancer). Anyhow, my husband and I want to know if it is okay for us to have sex while I am going through treatment. I do off and on get pain from sex due to the PID, but aside from that, could there be any risks or interfearance in treatment if we do?

You could transfer the infection to your husband so, if you do have sex, use a condom.