Question
Posted by: Upset | 2008/06/02

pictures posted on facebook

I dont know if Im being petty here, but this is the thing. I work in an ad agency, all my colleagues are good looking, waifer thin, and because Im overweight, not unattractive, just overweight, they dont seem to give me the time of day. This I dont have a problem with, because being thin is not the end all and the be all, I know I am much more intelligent and have much more life and work experience than them, even though they dont even see it, that's how self absorbed they are. My problem is with the fact that they post photos that we took of functions in the office on facebook and then their blatant disregard for my existance is proven by the fact that they put everyone's name in the caption except for mine. We are a small agency, 6 people incl. my boss, so its so obvious my name is ommitted. That pissed me off big time when I saw it because if they werent going to put my name there, why not just black out my face, that would have felt better at least, but now Im just a nameless person, like a ghost or a fifth wheel in the photos. I feel like asking them to take my face out of the picture, am I being petty or do I have reason to be upset?

UNless your name was omitted by accident ( in which case, talk to the boss and have them correct it immediately ) ; then they are mean and petty little people, who don't deserve to have you ( or anyone else ! ) working with them.

6
Posted by: Just Me | 2008/06/03

Who the hell authorised them to put your pic on 'facebook' in the first place....NAIL THEM..the bloody lot!
Somehow, I can't imagine that they will ever change. They're probably all in co-hoots with the 'Boss' anyway! Best you look around for 'Greener Pastures'...the fact that you've posted here tells me that they've already started eating at your self worth. Honey, that Company doesn't deserve YOU! Move on!

Reply to Just Me
Posted by: Britty | 2008/06/02

I never forgot how a senior person told me that I was not going to be invited to the annual Xmas lunch that everybody in the office went to. Yes, I was really hurt and upset but decided to do somelthing about it and went to my boss and said that as everyone was invited except for me I would be taking the day off. My boss was horrified when he learnt why and said he would personally speak to the senior about it and he did because the secretary told me he. So I was invited to the Xmas lunch as I should have been. Whoever is doing this to you is not a nice person and you either have the choice of putting up with it, finding another job or going to your boss about it and fixing the problem - a difficult choice. Personally I would complain to my boss and if things got no better or worse find another job. You sound happy with your size and your intelligence so should have no problem finding a job with nicer people. Good luck with the meanies.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: milton | 2008/06/02

no, i think you should complain toi the boss. Frankly i prefer my ladies to have some meat on them so i imagthink you must be quite a cutie pie

Reply to milton
Posted by: kb | 2008/06/02

They are selfish people. It is difficult to try and ignore what they are doing, as how long do you ignore it for? Maybe you should bring it up in a staff meeting, in that way the boss will also realise what they are doing. This is a difficult one as you never know if these people will go out of their way to make your time at the office unpleasent.
Goodluck to you.

Reply to kb
Posted by: Ness | 2008/06/02

Just tag yourself in the photos. No problem.

Reply to Ness
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/06/02

hi there. those people are just mean. i dont think you should say anything because it will give them the satisfaction of seeing you upset.but then maybe im just gutless. i feel u about the fat thing thou, maybe try to get them back in some way.

Reply to almost mad