Question
Posted by: Peter | 2007/08/14

Picking up weight

Hi, I've always had an active livestyle, and due to the work I did I never had to do more excersizes. But it all change, since February this year i'm sitting in an office and does not do phisycal work anymore. Everything has been fine up to now! I've picked up about 5kg, which is fine, I was really skinny (64kg, 1.78) but now its getting too much.
I don't have the time/money to join a gym, what can I do to prevent picking up more weight. If you can suggest something I can do at work... Even better!
Please help!

Hi peter

it's all about the lifestyle, as I'm sure you are aware. There are options available to you outside of gym training though. You can for example walk, cycle, run, three to five times a week. IF you can do these socially, all the better.

As far as other lifestyle things go, simple little things like taking stairs, walking further from your car to work, walking to the shops rather than driving etc. are all added up to make a difference in the long term. But the key is to try to make time for exercise, as simple as that sounds. It's great to do all the little things, but if you don't actively make time, then it is very difficult to exercise. So I'd advise to try to look at your daily routines and see if there is not something you can do, to make even 3 or 4 afternoons a week where you can do some exercise.

2
Posted by: Life Style Fitness Coach | 2007/08/24

Hi Peter, I read your post with interest. Your situation is such a common occurrence. The great news is it does not have to be this way. There is so much that can be done. The difficulty comes in when trying to force fit someone else's plan or advice with your life. Round pegs don't go into square holes. I can help you help yourself here. Don't worry, I am not pushing wonder pills, fancy equipment or even an exercise programme. No gyms, personal trainers or any of the usual nonsense. I just enjoy working with people and helping them create their own solutions. Post back here if if you think I may be able to hlep get you started.

Reply to Life Style Fitness Coach
Posted by: Peter | 2007/08/14

My word... My spelling!!! Sorry

Hi, I've always had an active lifestyle, and due to the work I did I never had to do more exercises. But it all change, since February this year I’m sitting in an office and do not do physical work anymore. Everything has been fine up to now! I've picked up about 5kg, which is fine, I was really skinny (64kg, 1.78) but now its getting too much.
Please help!

Reply to Peter