Question
Posted by: Esmarie | 2007/03/20

physiotherapy & biokinetics

Hi. I'm a biokinetisist in training. Currently we have a patient who had a stroke when he was 21 years old. This year he is turing 29 years. He has been doing physio for some time now, and only been doing biokinetics for less than a year. We have seen great results since he started doing biokinetics. We do mostly strengthening and stretching of all his muscles. We also use vibration therapy on him which he loves. I would like more advice on what exercises he would benefit from and why just to keep his exercise routines fun and interesting for him? Your advice and input would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards

Expert ImageArchive

This is best done as a phone call

Apologies for very slow response time

1
Posted by: anotherphysio | 2007/03/21

Thats great that he is doing so well! After a stroke, patients differ hugely in their presentation, from the severity and limbs affected as well as what they can functionally do (e.g. walk vs in a wheelchair). So it would be very hard to give 1 type of exercise that would suite all patients. I would advise that you contact either his physio or another adult neuro physio (preferably with NDT training) and discuss it with them. If you could, it would be great to go to one of his physio sessions- his results would be even better of the physio and Bio were working together!

Reply to anotherphysio