Question
Posted by: jackie | 2004/01/24

physiotherapist job

hi i would like to know what training is required to be a physiotherapist, what high school credits you need and pssible salary ranges. I am doing a project so i need information.Thnaxs

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Jackie
Four year degree at university linked to a medical school. You need high marks as there are very limited places - I know of a guy who had 5 A's and was a junior mayor and still could not get in at UCT. You will have to have science and maths.
As for salary - depends where you work (government or private) and whether you have your own business or work for someone else. There are physios who earn R4000 a month and physios who earn R30 000 a month.
Hope this helps

Douglas