Question
Posted by: cheryl | 2004/11/23

phycological problem causing physical pain resulting in operation

Please could you help, i am trying to fing the name of a physological condition that causes physical pain which the doctors cannot find the reason for and often results in surgery. The condition occurs after a traumatic event or a very stressfull event i.e nervous breakdown.
The reason i am looking for this is i would like to research it futher.

Hmm, I'm wondering exsactly what you're thinking of. Could be Psychosomatic Illness. Psychological trauma doesn't usually lead to such problems. Hypochondriasis ? No, it's not coming to me ...