Question
Posted by: ScArEd | 2004/12/21

Phsyiotherapy as a career

I'm hoping to pursue my dream after school and become a sports phsyiotherapist!!
I've gained experience by visiting local physios, and i know that that is definitely what I would like to do for the rest of my life!!
The only thing that stands in my way is being accepted at university! What kind of marks should one be getting, and what else do universities look for in students?
I'm thinking of applying to as many universities as possible but really would like to go to Stellenbosch!!!
I'm very nervous about sending in an application and not being accepted!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Scared

Firstly you need to apply to all universities, if you do not get into Stellenbosch you could always try and transfer in your second year.

The marks required are very high but demonstrating that you are balanced in your interests are important too. The fact that you have spent time with physios is also in your favor, and perhaps you could get them to write a recommendation too.

Good Luck in pursuing your dream.

Douglas