Question
Posted by: Kazz | 2006/11/13

Phlegm

My partner has a problem with phlegm which makes him very nauseous and causes him to throw up. This started about 3 months ago occurs mostly in the mornings. He is a smoker (about 20 - 25 cig a day), but this has never happend to him before now. What can he do to stop the phlegm (telling him he must stop smoking wont help!) and what can I do to help him?

Dear Kazz
He may have a chronic bronchitis - let him go to the GP as he probably needs some antibiotics. You could also get him something to loosen the phlegm like Bronchese to take 3 times a day.