Posted by: Gentle Voice Of Reason (GVOR) | 2008/06/19

Phew!Thought I got bust - no Health24

I thought for sure my boss had bust me by blocking my access from Health24 yesterday!! What a terrible day I had not being able to access my favourite site and read about all the interesting goings on in everyone lives.....But Im glad it was a just a little techical glitch and my boss didnt find out Im GVOR...thank Goodness!

Difficult on this side, too, as I had no idea when it would come back ; and annoyingly, it appeared to become possible for people on Monday and Tuesday to post questions while I was unable to see them or respond. Thos, I'm afraid, will remain unanswered

Posted by: just another girl | 2008/06/19

On the contrary, I wish to add my input. I have personally seen 3 family units who are extremely happy without being married. Perhaps thats what makes them so happy, they respect, trust and love each other. They are committed and have their own unique reasons why not to get married. They live a married life, they have children, to the outside world they are married. Who are we to judge. Marriage I guess is a choice and some people feel more "secure" in a marriage but are they really? It depends on two people, maturity, what they expect from each other in a committed relationship and how they cope with problems. Some people are not religious so couldn't care less what other people think or say about them living together. Nowadays its rather acceptable living together and not considered *living in sin*. So each to his/her own. Just another side to the proverbial coin.

Reply to just another girl

Hey Maria. I think people need to realise and accept that not everyone is destined to be married. Marriages can only work when both parties are committed 110%, and commitment includes trust, honesty, faithfullness,compromise,tolerance,etc etc etc and sadly people go into marriage for very different reasons and with different expectations. I am not against the institution of marriage, its just that Ive seen too many examples of failed or doomed marriages. Regarding althernatives, I think society will not allow us alternatives to marriage just yet, those who have tried are being judged,ridiculed and are seen as abnormal. It will take a while still before any alternative to marriage will be acceptable.

Reply to Gentle Voice Of Reason (GVOR)
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/19

Heehee GVOR, I was hoping they'd be down another day so that I could try to break my addiction!

On a different topic... in a previous post you mentioned something along the lines of that you cannot see marriage working in the world we live in today. I actually think we need to make marriages work, because strong marriages, and strong families, form the basis of a healthy society. Do you see any viable alternatives for marriage?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/06/19

I also got a huge shock when it wouldn't come up - the sense of loss was like another nail in my coffin. Huge relief today to see it hadn't evaporated. It's a source of great comfort to me, as are the Depression Forums Org (which you'll have to do a search for as I'm not allowed to post the url here) which I can highly recommend as an online support group for many mental health issues.

Reply to Kay in Gtown
Posted by: Phontie | 2008/06/19

Hey same here .......
can somebody explain to us what was happen ******

Reply to Phontie