Question
Posted by: SL | 2007/04/03

PHENOLPHTHALEIN PRODUCTS DISCONTINUED

I heard reports that products containing Phenolphthalein are to be discontinued, ie Laxa-Dor etc. I would like to know if this is true, and will there be a product replacing it that is similar?
Please advise.

Expert ImagePharmacist

There are many stimulant laxatives available on the market, and should phenolpht be discont. there are others that should work just as well.
I'll find out if the speculation is true....

3
Posted by: SL | 2007/05/04

i would like to find a stimulant laxative that is as strong as Laxa-Dor, that currently is off the market due to PHENOLPHTHALEIN being discontinued. I have been told I should use Bisacodyl products, but it is not strong enough, nor do i know how many to take.
Please advise.

Reply to SL
Posted by: SL | 2007/04/12

you were going to find out if the product had been discontinued - please advise!

Reply to SL
Posted by: SL | 2007/04/04

Thank you, that would be much appreciated. i have had a problem with constipation my whole life, and find that this product is generally the most effective.

Reply to SL