Question
Posted by: Talita | 2005/07/28

PhedraCut by USN

I'm desperate to lose about 12kg's before dec. I am 16, weigh 67kg, height-166cm, what do you think, i also have high blood sugar! Bn trying with exercise and diet for two years, also slow matabolism, im fed up!

Dear Talita
Your present BMI = 24,3, which is in the normal range. To achieve your ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 61 kg. Because you say that you suffer from high blood sugar, I would urgently advise you to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your overweight and raised blood sugar levels, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes'. Continue with your exercise as this does assist with weight loss and helps to normalise blood sugar levels. It is not a good idea to use any slimming pills if you have raised blood sugar levels.

4
Posted by: TAR | 2006/05/10

I AM 21YEARS OLD AND AM 155CM AND WEIGH 58KGS. HOW CAN I LOSE A BIT OF WEIGHT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?

Reply to TAR
Posted by: Letitia | 2006/02/23

Hi I currently wiegh 59 kg and my height is 1.54m. A friend has prescribed phedracut to me as i would like to reach a goal weight of 54kg. Please can you tell me if this will help. Also i dont eat alot - just one meal a day. Do i need to excersise to aid the weight loss while using phedracut.

Letitia

Reply to Letitia
Posted by: driver | 2005/07/28

you would be better off spending the money on a gym membership,see an instructer and combine a resistance training regime with a good c.v.program.
too reduce your blood sugar you must go for the low glycemic index foods such as oats and avoid refind sugars in sweets cakes and hidden sugars in sauces,cereals etc,these cause an insulin spike in the blood when digested and the insulin spike tells the body to store fat.you should eat small amounts regularly-about 5 times a day(never miss breakfast-it fires up your metabolism for the day)remember-graze all day on small amounts like a horse,rather than gorging large meals (like a bear)bears have large amounts of fat because the body stores what it doesnt need! Look up GLYCEMIC INDEX on the net and read up,also get book called 'BODY FOR LIFE' by bill phillips,you can go to the web site- world wide web.bfl-uk(dot)com(substitute w's and a dot-had to write it like that as this site wont accept replys containing links) and have a read,ive done the challenge they tell you about and you should see what can be achieved by following this plan.theres no drugs,and its a proper healthy way to eat-not depriving yourself of carbs,or protein,these diet are bad for you. good luk

Reply to driver
Posted by: Getha | 2005/07/28

HI Doc

I would aslo like know how do you feel about the Phedracut in the form of liquid and tables for fat loss.

Reply to Getha