Question
Posted by: doll | 2004/10/26

Pharmacists costings

I have just been to the pharmacy to get a script. The prescription was for Artherexin, Colchicine and Proctosedyl Ointment. I have a medical aid, but have to pay a levy of R92.00 plus R17.00 per item on the script. I just feel this is ridiculous. Could you please tell me if there is a max to pay per script or what is going on at the moment.

Expert ImagePharmacist

.

1
Posted by: Not a pharmacist, but visits there often | 2004/10/26

The best would be to discuss your problem with the pharmacy that you bought your meds from. The forum pharmacist will understandably not get involved.
Your levy is usually determined by your medical aid, while the R17 fee varies from pharmacy to pharmacy. New pricing guidelines published recently in the GZ does allow for these fees, although very "vague" and confusing. Some pharmacies cap these costs at say R25 or R30.

Reply to Not a pharmacist, but visits there often