Question
Posted by: AJ | 2006/04/07

Pharmacist please advise

Hi, I am 30 weeks pregnant and would like to know if Expigen is really ok to take.
I worked in a pharmacy and can remember it being perscribed for pregnant ladies.
I am very fluish at the moment and bought a bottle, on the package insert it says nothing abt pregnancy or lactation, my question is, do doctors and pharmacists give it because it is safe or because it does not say in the package insert not to use it?

Thank you in advance.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Expigen is the cough mixture most often used in pregnancy and is relatively safe. Dont overuse and contact your doc if in doubt.