Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2008/07/10

Pg symptoms or relapse?

Dear CS, I am seeing my psych next Wednesday, but want to ask you something meanwhile. I'm still feeling terribly down, very tired and with no interest in anything. I can't even bring myself to give much attention to my son. All I want to do is lie in bed and do nothing. At most maybe listen to radio. I am now almost 11 weeks pregnant, but I can't figure out if the way I am feeling is just the normal first trimester pregnancy symptoms or whether I'm having a relapse. I am still on 40 mg/day fluoxetine. What do you think?

Has your psych commented on the medication aspect by phone (I he should probably want to either recommend that you remain on it, or make some revision ) without waiting too long. Depressions can of course recur during the hormonal swings of pregnancy