Question
Posted by: Piesang | 2003/01/30

Peyronies Syndrome ???

I'm not sure if my spelling is correct, but I would like to find out about peyronies syndrome. The problem is curvature !!!!!

Thanx Doc.
Piesang

Peyronie's disease is caused by a build-up of fibrous plaque in the penis, specifically in the fibro-elastic walls of the blood chambers of the penis. This plaque build-up causes the penis to develop a curve, or bend, in it. In some cases, this can be very painful. Some men worry because their penises look different; some worry that they have a fatal disease. This condition, however, has many treatment options which all have variable success.

Oral medications, such as vitamin E, Potaba (a vitamin B derivative, 12 grams daily for 6 months), and non-steroidal medications, attempt to decrease the development of fibrous plaques. Surgery is another option, and the type of surgery depends upon whether and to what degree a person's erections are affected by Peyronie's plaque.

You might have discomfort during intercourse, and have noticed a change in your appearance, I recommend that you see a urologist ASAP.

Good Luck
Dr Elna Mcintosh

1
Posted by: Reader | 2003/01/31

for more info go to www.askjeeves.com - and type in the search engine Peyronies Syndrome - there is plenty info about it there.

Reply to Reader