Posted by: Piesang | 2003/01/30

Peyronies Syndrome ???

I'm not sure if my spelling is correct, but I would like to find out about peyronies syndrome. The problem is curvature !!!!!

Thanx Doc.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Peyronie's disease is caused by a build-up of fibrous plaque in the penis, specifically in the fibro-elastic walls of the blood chambers of the penis. This plaque build-up causes the penis to develop a curve, or bend, in it. In some cases, this can be very painful. Some men worry because their penises look different; some worry that they have a fatal disease. This condition, however, has many treatment options which all have variable success.

Oral medications, such as vitamin E, Potaba (a vitamin B derivative, 12 grams daily for 6 months), and non-steroidal medications, attempt to decrease the development of fibrous plaques. Surgery is another option, and the type of surgery depends upon whether and to what degree a person's erections are affected by Peyronie's plaque.

You might have discomfort during intercourse, and have noticed a change in your appearance, I recommend that you see a urologist ASAP.

Good Luck
Dr Elna Mcintosh

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Reader | 2003/01/31

for more info go to - and type in the search engine Peyronies Syndrome - there is plenty info about it there.

Reply to Reader

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.