Posted by: Alan | 2009/04/24

Peyronie' s disease?

Hello Doctor. A while ago, my sister' s child accidentally hit me in the groin with a golf club. The area was bruised and swollen for quite some time thereafter but I never consulted a doctor which, in retrospect, I should have done. Everytime I get an erection now, my penis leans to the left &  there is a slight curve. Also, at the point where my penis joins my body on the left side at the top, it doesn' t feel as tightly joined to my body as the right side. It was never like this before, &  it has come about gradually since I was hit by the golf club. I am very worried, especially after a friend told me about Peyronie' s disease. I would like to know if you can tell me a bit more about the condition &  what would be involved in a typical medical examination at my doctor. Thank you. Alan.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


An abnormality in the straightness of your penis can easily be corrected by a urologist. Please refer to the following link for detailed information about Peyronie's disease and the treatment thereof:

The examination will entail a bi-manual examination of the genitalia and prostate.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Alan | 2009/04/26

Thank you, doctor. I can only see the defect when my penis is erect. The curvature of my penis is slight at the moment - I guess I' m just worried if it might curve even more, so basically I just want my doctor to tell me if it is anything to be really worried about or whether I can just go on leading my life. Does this mean that the doctor would have to examine my penis in an erect state? I am concerned about how the medical examination takes place. Could you please be more specific about the procedure? Thank you. Alan.

Reply to Alan

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.