Question
Posted by: gina | 2004/10/29

Petechiae

How do you tell the difference between petechiae and campbel de Morgan angiomas by looking at them? Could one be mistaken for the other. I have been suffering from dizzy spells and I had a full blood count done. It turned out that my white blood cells were high (eosinophil). Blood pressure and sugar are fine. I have these tiny red spots on my abdomen and was wondering if it could be petechiae.

Gina, petichiae are like little red spots under the skin surface and Campbell de Morgan spots are like red blisters on top of the skin. Let me know if you have mored questions. Good luck.