Question
Posted by: Chez | 2004/10/18

Pesticides. Is it dangerous?

I am 13 Weeks pregnant. Our offices have been sprayed with water based pesticide treatment. I am feeling very nauseous (more than usual) and I do not feel so well. Is this dangerous to my baby? I am in well ventelated room (or so I hope)

Baby should be fine

2
Posted by: Chez | 2004/10/18

Hi Kate.

Thanks for your answer. A Few weeks ago we had our offices painted. I phone my doc and he advised me what to do. With the pesticides I was not too sure as they are water based.

Thanks again
Chez

Reply to Chez
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/18

Yes, pesticides are extremely dangerous and you need to be most cautious of organophospates. Please ask to see ingredience of the spray used.

You need to also make your bosses aware that they cannot do things like spray or paint whilst you are in the office and if they need to then you need to be given warning so you can be out of the office.

Toxins can lead to abonormalities and feotal death. When my baby died at 36 weeks they looked into everything my garden service had used, so yes, pesticides are dangerous. Phone your doctor to discuss how you are feeling.

Take care.

Reply to Kate