Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/27


Hi there

I am a 24 year old male and " suffer"  from excessive perspiration under my arm pits,ive read articles that say people should lose weight etc. but have seem other fairly over weight people that dont share my problem,Ive tied each and every anti-perspirant on the market but nothing seems to help.
Can you please give me alternative advise on what to do or who to see about this.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi there

Hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating) is the result of an over active sympathetic nervous system (part of the bodies natural stress management system). There are no topical agent (sprays / creams) that seem to really work, however in severe cases there are other options.

I would suggest you consult with a dermatologist as they will be able to advise you appropriately.

Good luck


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.