Posted by: Hans Eisbraun | 2003/02/17

Personality Disorder

Deer Sir,

I am writing to you to ask you for my problem.
I am a German Man and I have been diagnosed with the personality disorder by my doctor for the head.
I have a problem when I'm hearing voices and I am not certain if I am imagine these voices or they are real, My doctor says that I imagine these voices but sometimes I believe them very much. Is there a cure or some medicine I can take to stop this? He also say I must do less work for the stress is too much and sometimes I get too much upset.
Thanking you very much,
Hans G. Eisbraun

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Dear Hans,
There are a variety of possible causes for the experience of hearing voices in ones head, voices which usually sound very real and believable to the person with this experience, but voices which no-one else can hear. Psychiatrists are experienced a dealing with these problems, and there are indeed treatments, including medicines, which can greatly help this problem. And, if one leaves the matter without treatment, the problems can become more complicated and more difficult to treat successfully, so it's a good idea to seek expert advice and treatment early.
It's not useful to get involved in worying about how "real" such voices are --- they're not real to anyone else, but are genuine experiences for the person who hears them, even if they do not arise in the usual way in which we hear the voices of other people who are near us. They're not usually caused by one's imaginaton in the sense of one making it up or pretending ; but one also ought to be very careful about the temptation to believe whatever the voices might say, as they are the result of a chemical imbalance interfering with one's brain function, and so, however convincing they might seem, they ae not genuine nor deserving to be believed.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Simple Mind | 2003/02/18

Rocco Mibouto - you're just jealous cos the voices aren't talking to you!

Reply to Simple Mind
Posted by: Rocco Mibouto | 2003/02/17

You need help Jerry Boy

Reply to Rocco Mibouto

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.