Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/11/27

Personal Assistants

I sent a business proposal to the PA's boss who is very very high profile. Before I sent it I called the PA just to confirm the e mail address. He was not very friendly in his tone and he asked me what it was about and so on, he has not confirmed receipt. I know he probably get a lots from mere mortals like me but how do I know it will be passed on? I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but I asked him to confirm receipt and he has not ( I sent yesterday) so how can I trust that Mr Big Shot will ever lay eyes on my concept???? It is not something that can easily be stolen so I am not too worried about that but it seems I can only hope…anyone has any idea how to go about this?

I thought with mos email systems, you could at least technically request a recept, and at least the system records that the email was sent and received ?
Good luck, anyway

4
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/11/27

Ok Ok I hear u. U suggest I should "push" to get an appointment and present my case. Ok I will try that. Thanx

Reply to Lucy
Posted by: Mr Big Sorts | 2007/11/27

oh, and you are leaving your fate in his hands?

what happened to "taking the lead" or "taking ownership" or even "being proactive"?

Reply to Mr Big Sorts
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/11/27

I know Hope* and thanx for the suggestion but I have been advised he is forever busy so I am taking a chance that if he likes it he might invite me for a presentation. What do u think?

Reply to Lucy
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/11/27

Well if you really want MR Big Shots attention you could make an appointment to see him and deliver you proposal personally!

Reply to Hope*