Question
Posted by: nic | 2008/01/11

Persistent vaginal and anal itching

Over the past couple of months I've been having a constant itching in the vaginal and anal area. At first I thought this was due to shaving, but it refused to go away. When the area comes into contact with water it burns and from constant rubbing and friction two small open wounds have developed at the back. Any advice on treatment or what the cause could be?

It could be thrush. Try CAnesten but, if this does not help, you should see your doctor.

2
Posted by: ARA3 | 2008/01/11

You might have thrush. you can get canestan(sp) cream at the pharmacy no script needed. get the one that lasts for six days as this seems to help the best. but you might need to see your dr if it does not clear up.

Reply to ARA3
Posted by: Me | 2008/01/11

Nic, I too had a constant itching for a long time. When I did eventually go to the doctor, she did a swab and they determined it was a common infection. Can be caused from something as simple as using tampons, nylon underwear to something like a scented soap if you are sensitive to that. Anyway, she gave me anti-biotics and a wash I had to apply daily and it was gone quite quickly. Go the doctor, it is really not that bad and the relief is worth it!!

Reply to Me