Posted by: Frustrated | 2008/06/17

Persistent Post Nasal Drip

Dear doc,

I have persistent post nasal drip (which is causing halitosis), itchy cough, and often a runny nose. These symptoms occur all year round, hence I do not assume that they are flu related. Some of my symptoms can be attributed to smoking.

Aside from smoking, what is the cause of this, and how can it be treated.

I am most distressed.

Dear Frustrated
you probably have allergic rhinitis. Please let your doctor have a look as you can be treated by a daily antihistamine and cortisone nose spray.

Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/18

If you have other symptoms such as blocked, stuffy nose, you might have sinus trouble. You should try a good antihistamine which will help if you only have a post-nasal drip problem, but taking that alone will probably not help if you have sinus trouble. You could, of course have an allergy which is causing the post-nasal drip. Maybe you should consider have an allergy blood test.

Reply to anxious