Question
Posted by: skwirrie | 2008/01/25

Persistent pain on right side

I am 56 yrs old. History of hyperpth and calcium. Had a roux en y 18 months ago. since op persistent pain on my right side in region of belly button, and runs up to stomach. Had appendix removed.suffers from constipation. Also had galbladder removed and of course histerectomy many years ago. Dr suggest I go for sonar because possible liver? Is it possible. I also reflux persistently.

Dear Skwirrie

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you have an abdominal sonar done, in order to exclude liver pathology, as well as growths inside your abdomen. These growths can impair peristalsis, which can be the cause of your chronic pain. After having so many operations, the changes of growths inside your abdomen is large. For the reflux, you should have a barium meal done.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Birdie | 2008/07/23

Hi, I have had a constant dull pain for two days now. it is on my right hand side, just as the ribs end. when i press on the ribs (on my side) and press a bit to the back it hurts. i am at the end of my period but don' t have ovulation pain there ever. could it be referred pain? because when i lightly press between my ribs (on my diaphram) it feels like i lose my breath.

Reply to Birdie