Posted by: Just me | 2008/10/21

Persistent Cough

Hi, Doc

I have this irritating persistent cough, initially it was accopanied by a tight chest, the throat is not sore, it just feels as if something is irritating or tickling me at the back of my throat, when i start coughing sometimes i cought to the extend i feel as if i want to vomit or even vomit, i have a gastric problem, and in consulting a doctor he indicated to my gastric as being the problem, i have finished the medication that was prescribed to me but the cough is still there, its been over 3 weeks now and this week i am have been feeling so tired even in the morning and lack energy, what should i do?

Dear Just Me
Please see an ENT specialist - they need to look inside the airway with a scope to see whether there are signs of a post nasal drip, allergy or reflux acid irritating the airway, and then treat accordingly. They also need to exclude TB if you could have been at risk.