Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/17

Persistent coccidia

I wonder if anyone has any ideas here ...one of my babies has a persistant coccidia bug .... she has spent time in hospital at the vet , then it started again and she back to the vet and put onto antibiotics .... she had no sooner finsihed the antibiotics and it started up again.

I disenfect my entire house daily...i wash the floors with a jik solution.... i disenfect their sand trays with jeyes fluid .... all food bowls get washed with a jik solution daily.

The other kitten that had the same problem is fine ....

This is obviously why I have been losing kittens ..... but this little one "seemingly" ok isnt ok...... she is eating but only because I give her kitzymes daily ... she is not as playful as the others which could be personality ...but ............. she has this runny slimy tummy ... my vet dewormed her again.

How do i get rid if this blasted bug ?????????????? im phining my vet again in the morning .... but maybe one of you have a bright idea .

There is a drug call Clazuril that is very effective. It is not registered for use in cats so please chat to your vet about using it. I can find the dose if they can't find it.

Please don't use Jeyes. The warning on Jeyes fluid containers says not to be used on or near pets!

Bleach may work but drying them in the sun is best as dessication should destroy them