Question
Posted by: Star | 2004/02/06

Persistant left Side Pain under ribs

I've had pain on my front left side under my ribs and sometimes towards the my back since 2001. I've been to the Doctors twice and even went for X-rays but the problem has not gone away. The X-rays showed nothing abnormal. I've been told that it could probably be the food that I eat, but my diet has not changed much over the years. I try to eat as healthily as possible and the problem just wont go away. I'm 27 years old. On some days the pain is so much as if something is being torn away from inside. The pain not too severe but I would like to know what could be causing it so I can find the solution.

Star, the next step would e to have an abdominal ultrasound done and if that is also normal, to see a gastroenterologist as it might be something like irritable bowel syndrome. Good luck.